Search

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Week 10.5 Serving in Kowloon City 9/12/2016

Elder Joseph Chou is serving in Kowloon City, near the old airport, about 2 wards over from where his Auntie Grace lives.
His daily schedule includes being up by 7 AM each morning and then going to bed at 11 PM.
He is serving in the Kowloon City ward, and he said:

there is a chapel and there are like 70 active members. My companion, elder McGrath is from Kaysville. There is also Elder Smith and Elder Stober that we live with [4 elder apartment].
We cook a lot... that's good. I've been trying to figure out my mission card... and its easier to save money here [than it was in California]
The mission is great and I know that I am blessed from all the tender mercies that I see.
We are one with the Savior in doing the will of the Father was my old mission statement, and it has changed my life. I know that if we are humble enough to do the will of the Father that we can never go wrong, that we can always have the peace of mind that we are good with god.
The things I studied this week
Humility
be wise yet harmless (alma 18:22)
alma 16:22
unconditional love
alma 17:2
love them even if they don't do what you want
enduring to the end
if it seems to take forever remember (happiness is meant to last forever) Elder Utchdorf
real intent
alma 22:14
Additional
Alma 20:27
Alma 17:22

Where is your heart is something that I studied a lot this week. Is my heart really into serving or is it to fulfill something else to make myself feel good. A scripture that came up again is Ether 12:27 and I have realized that Aaron, Ammons brother, "was patient in his afflictions." I know if we can learn the eternal principal of patience and doing the will of God and waiting for it to happen, we can have the tender mercies that are so prevalent in our lives revealed to us. I know that people won't change unless they know that you love them. So I love the people of HK.
Sorry this is short, but standing and typing is not fun haha :)

Some lessons can't be taught they have to be learned and the atonement, the greatest gift provides a way to learn from our mistakes without being condemned for them. That is the greatest gift that God, our loving heavenly father has given us. I know that God love me, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


Elder Joseph Chou and his companion in the small apartments in Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment