Search

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 82.5 Give it all because you love God 1/30/2018

So this week was fun! we did a lot of things... pretty normal actually. We met with Nathan and A-Shan and we taught Nathan [about] Tithing and he was super accepting. We are trying to be the missionaries that we are suppose to be... I guess so that we can be worthy to receive the blessings that God wants to give us. 

Elder Adams and I are doing well. We work together well which is good.

I guess this week I came to know Jesus Christ and God more by  kind of posing the question "what if you did not receive all the blessings that you wanted and your life was just hard. would you still be faithful?" I had to say yes because I obviously hope that I get the blessings I look forward to and want, but if I don't I still know the church is true, I still know that he sent his son, and the eternities are worth suffering for in this life. 

The way that this experience came to be was that we were eating with a family. Pretty average family. They have had some trials in their lives, yet they are happy, but my heart just mourned because I knew that they just deserved so much more. I knew that their faith may not have been rewarded in the way I thought it would, but they still did it because they knew it was true. That was a powerful moment to me because I know that I take things for granted. I have a great family, a pretty comfortable, but still hard mission, and all these things. I just asked my self "are you willing to give it all because you love God, and not because of the blessings?" It just really helped me understand what This is all about... helped me see the bigger picture. I thank God for that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment