Search

Friday, July 15, 2016

Week 2.5 MTC Temple, Temple Square, & Temporary Assignment 7/15/2016

Surprise: Leaving for the California Modesto Mission in Two Days

I studied the scriptures a lot and love Galations 5:22 where it says that all good things come from God. Another scripture I love a lot is D&C 88:119 where it says God is a God of order, and I have been trying to keep my life in order by being on time, and trying to follow with exact obedience.

sorry one more scripture that stood out to me, and that applied a lot to what Elder Hafen said at the Tuesday devotional. The scripture is Ether 12:6
"And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore,dispute not because ye see not, for yreceive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
I really like this scripture because it says that you have to first act then you will receive a witness of your faith. Elder Hafen said that to strengthen your testimony on faith, charity, the atonement or anything else you have to have three elements. 1. the Spirit 2. know why it would be important to know 3. have a trial of your faith. with these three things, then testimony on anything can be strengthened...

Highlight Days
Sun I watched the Joseph Smith restoration film, and never felt the spirit like I have never before and know without a doubt that Joseph Smith is a prophet.
Fri/ Sat we committed our (Moc) investigators to baptism, we they don't tell us if they are real or not, but Elder Gubbay and I think they are :) we were so happy that they were taking the first steps to eternal life.
Friday was the most crazy day. We went to Temple Square and I saw the airport at the top of the conference center. It was really spiritual and I loved it.
I also went to the Provo temple and got to do initiatories and an endowment session.
I was also told that I will be temporarily serving in the California Modesto mission and leave Mon the 18th early in the morning.
Sat during our lesson before we committed one of them I really felt the my heart swelling described in "come come ye saints" (Hymn #30)


No comments:

Post a Comment