Search

Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 3.5 Modesto CA: first area - Stockton 7/25/2016

Serving in Stockton California with Elder Spencer

Highlights
Tues Transferred to Stockton California
Thurs rode my bike like 8 miles...
This week has been so great!! :) Our ward mission leaders are Sunny and brother Phelps, I serve in an Asian branch and the Calverouse River ward in the Stockton stake. My companion is Elder Spencer from Payson and he is so great! he is training me right now and that is interesting and fun. California is very hot, but Hong Kong will be hotter.

We are currently meeting with this family that have been taught by the missionaries and the two girls are getting baptized on the 30th!! :) The members out here also love us enough to feed us, but my most memorable memory is when this person we were teaching was touched by the spirit and opened up to us.

This gospel is all about desire and what you do with that desire. I know that this gospel is True. I know that if I do things for the right reasons, that people will be touched and that I can witness God's mighty miracles. 
the Scripture I have been pondering a lot is Ether 12:27 which says and "if men come unto me, I will show unto men their weakness." I really like that because we have to first be humble enough to try to understand what he wants for us, and if we do that he will help us understand what we have to do to become better. I know that it is only through Christ that we can be able to go back to heaven with God and Christ. I know that this gospel is truly the one that brings happiness. I know these things because God has been merciful enough to reveal them to me, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment