Search

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Week 7.5 Modesto CA: Spiritual Blessings 8/23/2016


Where to Start?......
3 big things happened that were great spiritual experiences
zone conference
We had 3 zones together and it was super fun! I learned a lot! :) the main point I learned was Charity. You never truly and fully love someone like Christ does until you are willing to sacrifice whatever you've got so that the other person is happier, more comfortable, and become a better person. You also sometimes have to withhold comfort for their growth which is always hard when you have developed a strong relationship with them. I asked the question this week, what do I need to sacrifice, what am I holding on to that I need to let go of, so that I can have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father, and with my Savior. That is why I love zone conference, because he makes our life easier.
Personal Studies!!!!!
The best part of the day is personal study!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so fun to learn spiritually. I learned this week that faith in Jesus Christ is like trusting a doctor. He says I will do this and this, you don't completely understand, but you get the gist of it. You know he knows whats best for you. You just squeeze your eyes and say ok, do what you have to. He then says ok this is what I need you to do, do you trust me?
Gordan
He is the Chinese person that I talked about a few weeks ago. He went back to China. We asked him about the Book of Mormon in Chinese we gave him and the pamphlets and what he thought. He said in a little broken English "I love that they illuminate. . . I have to say the message is like a torch, lightening up the darkness." I know that God is preparing his children, even if we cannot see it. I doubted that the people of China were ready for the gospel, but now I see that they are just as ready as any other population in the world.
Other information :)
We, this week, have been trying to get new investigators and have been trying different things. We were rewarded by the members helping us out by saying "hey I got this friend" and stuff. There are people here that are ready for this message and they just don't know it now.

I know that the LORD is hastening his work. He is the had of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He lives. He rewards us for our efforts. He loves us. He is my savior. He is your savior. He will never abandon you. He will always be there for you. He knows you. He knows what you want to change. I know that if you, use his atonement, and try as hard as you can, nothing short of miracles will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment