Search

Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 4.5 Modesto CA: First Baptisms, Trinity & Scarlett 8/1/2016

First Baptisms: Trinity & Scarlett on 7/30/2016

Highlights
Frid Service day!
Sat Baptism of Trinity and Scarlett!

We were able to teach and serve as witnesses for Trinity and Scarlet as they were baptized by their uncle this last Saturday. Elder Spencer and I got there two hours early to fill the font and Elder Spencer "baptized" his planner. Asian people also like to have food at baptisms... [and] we got cake so I'm not complaining.



So this week has been great. In zone training I had the impression to find scriptures to respond to people's comments... [which] I would subsequently ponder throughout the week! :) the scriptures are Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 and Proverbs 3:5 those scriptures talk about trusting God and it was great to know that the LORD provides a way to help us along the way. 
In zone training we talked a lot about the mission vision which is "we are one with the Savior in doing the will of the Father." and how it coincides with our missionary purpose in "Preach My Gospel." ...His purpose is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."...

The hymn that has been in my mind this week has been all creatures of our God and king.
"All creatures of our God and king
lift up your voice and let us sing
alleluia alleluia
thou burning sun with golden beam
thou silver moon with softer gleam
alleluia alleluia
alleluia oh praise him
alleluia"

I love this hymn because we are all creatures of God, and we should praise Him. It reminds me of the scripture that says that all things testify of Christ and this hymn truly testifies of that. Also Jean Sibelius wrote the music for "be still, my soul," so I think that is cool 'cause symphony no.2 2 (mov. 3-4) was the one piece of music that changed my life. That and butterfly lover mov. 1

We had a sacrament meeting where people shared their favorite song and how it had strengthened their testimony, and it was really spiritual, yes I have been able to use the gift of playing the piano many times while I have been here and I am great full the Lord has given it to me.

I know that my experiences from this week have been from God, and they are to help me understand more fully what He has done for me. I know He loves me. I know the Book of Mormon is true, without a doubt I can say that. And I know that if we align our will with His, we will be blessed with miracles that are personal, and spiritual. I know God knows that I have received these things, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

As I close I want you all to ponder these things
     How did I accomplish my purpose today that God has given me?
     Did I act like the savior today and how did I do so?
     How did I do the will of the Father today?
     Was I blessed because of the things above?

No comments:

Post a Comment