Search

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 17.5 Powerful Scriptures from the Book of Mormon 10/31/2016


Hello everyone!!! this week has been great especially as I have gotten closer to finishing the Book of Mormon!! My favorite studies from this week was Ether 4 and 12. They are both fantastic.

The first scripture of this week is Mormon 3:12 it says "...I had led them many times to battle, and had loved them, according to the love of God which was in me, with all my heart; and my soul had been poured out in prayer unto my God all the day long for them;..." 
I liked this scripture because it says that we can love people if we pray for them and that was an exciting discovery.

The second exciting one this week was Mormon 8:12 it says "And whoso receiveth this record, and shall not condemn it because of the imperfections which are in it, the same shall know of greater things than these. Behold, I am Moroni; and were it possible, I would make all things known unto you.
I love it because this scripture is so true!! If we read and ponder the Book of Mormon, and don't look for faults, we will receive more knowledge then is in the book because it is a book of God.

The third scripture is Ether 4:12 "And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believemy words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world."
I like it because it talks about if you don't listen to the scriptures or believe them, then you don't truly understand and believe in Christ, or God.

Ether 9:20 "And thus the Lord did pour out his blessings upon this land, which was choice above all other lands; and he commanded that whoso should possess the land should possess it unto the Lord, or they should be destroyedwhen they were ripened in iniquity; for upon such, saith the Lord: I will pour out the fulness of my wrath."
The promise land is a land of blessings, if we follow god's commandments!!! if not, the nation shall be destroyed off of it, just like the jaradites, the mule kites, and the Nephites. It has been proven again and again that we must follow the commandment of the Lord to prosper.

Ether 6:12 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
I have seen how true that is throughout my mission. I like in d&c 1 it says "And inasmuch as they were humble they might be made strong, and blessed from on high, and receive knowledge from time to time." 
I like how it is not a continuous flow, but a blessing of the trial of our faith that we get knowledge of god.

Ether 12:14 "Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost." We can have faith that we can be able to convert people. We have to trust that god is preparing them. This scripture has been a great comfort to me.

Finally Ether 12:37 "And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.
I like how it says even if we see our weaknesses we can be made stronger. The gospel is so simple compared to what we get out of it.

We would not be able to make those huge changes without God. All God asks of us is to do the simple things that are shown in his gospel. I know that nothing compares to this gospel. It has brought me great joy and happiness, and I know it will continue to give me those things if I keep listening and doing. I know that Christ did die for me and that someone would have enough love for me to suffer so I can become clean again. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

group of missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment