Search

Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 18.5 New District Leader & Goal to Double Baptisms 11/7/2016

我知道神是我的天父 (I know God is my Father in Heaven)

This week was transfers!!!!! and I am staying!!! so that is great

so [last Thursday] they called me as district leader even though I am still being trained. Elder McGrath is still my trainer but he is now zone leader :)
our district is all district leadership so the other companionship of elders also has a zone leader in it

I totally forgot to talk about mission conference from like 3 weeks ago. My bad. IT was absolutely great!! The greatest lesson I learned from that is to teach people not lessons. He talks about how David when going to slay Goliath, he prepared 5 stones. He only used one of them. He talked about how David later uses Goliath's sword to finish it. He then talked about how we must prepare as much as we can so that we can hit it the first time, and use the right stone. He also talked about after we do that, we will be able to find people's sword. We must find it, so we must discern what their concern is and teach them the gospel according to their need, by doing so they will be 開心 (happy). 

This week has brought many suprises and I caught myself thinking 你有沒信心 (do you have faith) in the scriptures and I do! Elder Wong gave our mission a goal which is to double the total number of baptisms by the end of the year...  Moroni 7:37 I probably have already shared this one, but part of it says "Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought" getting as many baptisms in 1 and a half month to baptise as we have in 11 months is a miracle!! !! I will be honest... there is a lot of doubt that I must dispel. But I have God's promise from the scriptures that Through faith miracles are brought to pass. In Moroni 10:20 on another day and it says "Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity." I have to have charity towards the people I work with to have faith. I know that since President wong revealed it that it is God's will for the China Hong Kong mission to double the number of convert baptisms it has in the weeks to come. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and more importantly, it applies to me. I was reading in 1 nephi 3 and it talks about how laman and lemuel did it, but didnt have faith that it would work. That is why they became discourage after the first rejection. We must be stronger and make it to how ever many number of rejection the lord puts in front of us to make us strong. 神好愛我們 (God really loves us) we just need to show our love back by having faith and doing.

Why is faith a principal of action? in Alma 32 it says that faith is a things that are hoped for and true but not seen. Likewise, I don't see 14 baptisms in our zone yet, but I know it will be accomplished, and I want to be part of the great work that God has asked me to be a part of. but since it is a servant of the lord saying we will accomplish it. it is true (D&C 1) I know that God is merciful, and lets us witness and be a part of miracles, This I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment