Search

Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 22.5 Power of Prayer 12/5/2016

Well update from this week we had stake conference and that was really fun :) We are also organizing a music thing for a Christmas activity so that will be fun haha :)
picture Elder Chou & auntie Suhky at stake conference 
Today I will make it quick but I wanted to talk about the power of prayer
D&C 29:6 is where we will start this topic it says "Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive." so we can literally ask for anything, if we have faith it will be answered. We can ask God to change our heart (I need that a lot haha) but you can do that and he will answer it!!! That's great knowledge to have that God loves us enough to actually answer our prayers!!
So why do we not have faith that God will answer our prayers? because he answers them over time "by small and simple things" we have to be proactively looking for them so that we can see them. We have to thank him like the 1 leopard . Remember it is the little rudder that moves the whole ship and the little turn of the wheel that turns the car. It is in the little things that make the biggest difference, the "tender mercies"
May we all be like Ammon who boasts of the strength of God. For I of myself am nothing. Everything about this work of bringing souls to the salvation of Christ. Having a baptism is not a missionaries highest form of happiness because in reality all the credit should be given to god. He gave us the gift to communicate and move and find and have trials so that we can grow. God will change us if we will only let him do that to our soul.
"When I consider thy heavens, the work of [God's] fingers, the moon and the stars, which [God] hast ordained;" (Psalms 8:3) I think it amazing that he has answered my prayer, my humble prayer, to know if the Book of Mormon is true, to know if he does talk to prophets today. He created all things that I see and there are a lot of things I see, but him knowing me personally gives me a sense of relief and comfort because I am so small and "am nothing" yet he cares for me. I know he will answer our yours and my prayers. He will because he loves us, you and me.
"O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!" (Psalms 8:9) In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Insights
differences between ourselves are to be celebrated not calculated

-        steven sharp nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment