Search

Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 24.5 Singing to Children 12/19/2016

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
This week has been so much slower. a lot of people canceled on us but the [highlight] this week was definitely when we were waiting for a bus [and] we started like kinda signing to these two adorable little girls (8 and 4 it looked like) and that really lit up Elder Mcgrath and my week because we have been canceled a lot this week and we taught like two lessons and were out on the streets for 5 hours a day. Its nothing really to complain about because I know there is a purpose, but back to those little girls as I thought more about it, I was reminded of the scripture in Moroni 8:12 which says, "But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world" and how those two little girls showed me that. I might not have as big of an impact as I wanted to for them, but they impacted me a lot.
Hong Kong is a special place. Lots of people lots of potential, just a very very thick wall that we must take apart piece by piece so that we can get through to them. So they can understand that this gospel is an investment not a sacrifice. "for he had heard my cry and answered my prayer. " (Jacob 7:22) and I know that God has, that he gives me the strength to go on to keep going because "I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. "(Alma 26:12).
God sent me here for a reason. Don't let any excuse keep you from loving him and loving his children enough to give them the gospel. I just think of what I have been through and realize that Christ went through so much more. As we try we will face more trials face more challenges, but as we try harder it will also be harder to surrender. We should not demand the unreasonable, but we should always demand improvement from ourselves. I know that my Redeemer lives, What comfort this sweet senate gives. and I know that is defiantly and 100% true in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment