Search

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Week 26.5 Transfer from Kowloon City to Tseung Kwan O. 1/2/2017

Every so often, missionaries receive "transfers" or are assigned to serve with a new missionary companion and/or to serve in a new city. After 4 months with Elder McGrath in Kowloon City, Elder Chou is being transferred to Tseung Kwan O to serve with a new companion, Elder Love. Elder Chou's grandfather, aunt/uncle and cousins live in Tseung Kwan O. See Elder Chou's weekly email below:

well first I am being transferred :( but its good because I won't be district leader any more :) 
but the other really 特別 is that I am moving to Tseung Kwan O where my family/relatives are :) (my aunt), and where I received the priesthood of God. I will be companions with Elder Love, who is a super cool guy and likes music as much or even more then I do. Elder McGrath will be training :) 

I was sick all week!!! :( and I felt bad that I couldn't do missionary work. It was really one of those times where I was like : "God, I did all I could and it wasn't enough" and I just felt  that that wasn't the most important thing, but the most important thing is he loves me. I am still trying to understand how he does love me because I don't know. As Nephi says something along the lines of... I do not know all things but I do know that God loves his children. I understand now more of what it really means to be a child of God. 

I also realized that people who deny the Book of Mormon (because I did watch that news report on some people's opinions of the church in hong kong) [also] deny Christ. They deny scriptures like 2 Nephi 25:29 "And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out."

so if someone totally blows us off in street contacting, or gets mad at us and calls us a cult, That's ok. Christ was never accepted by 100% of people and I know " my afflictions will be for my good :)"

You did me good Kowloon City in teaching me that I couldn't do missionary work without God and that all our strength should be [to] acknowledge that God gave it to us

Have a good week you all!!!!

insight
as we study the scriptures we learn to trust God more because to trust means we completely forfeit our will, but the hard thing is knowing what he will do with it. That is why we must study the scriptures to know what God will do with our will, how he will make it better, and as we do that we will trust him more and be happier

Kowloon City Zone & English class


missionaries don't get to watch movies, but certainly can take lots of pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment