Search

Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 29.5 Families are Forever - Visit Aunt, Uncle, Cousins & Grandpa 1/24/2017

This week has been pretty great!!! first my personal study has been better because I review what I read the last day so its like a continuous flow instead of just a new session every day! We also had a really cool thing that one of our investigators said in English class. We were talking about true happiness and she lives in LOHAS park which is pretty rich. Anyway she said "I had cars, a nice flat, family, all these different things that people think make them happy, but I was not happy until I found God." 


We went to the temple and I absolutely loved it! I have only gone to do a session 3 other times but this week was different. I don’t know why but I felt something that was spectacular and awe inspiring. The Temple is the House of God where God's spirit is strongest on this earth!! :)



I am also very happy that we were able to visit my aunt [and counsins, uncle, and grandfather]. She is super nice and I am glad that she was receptive to hearing at least a little bit about the gospel. So I was really nervous to visit my family because I thought maybe they just did it cause I was their family but it wasn’t, They love me :), but I felt like why am I not this nervous and serious for all the other people that we teach, so I am hoping to apply that thinking into my missionary work!

 

We also had more people than usual come to church (usual is like 1 if we are lucky but we had 2!!) and we may be seeing Andrew progress a lot during the next little bit.
We had a recent convert that was baptized in Utah come back to Hong Kong. His name was Wilson and he is super cool. We are excited to teach him. He was actually found in sports night and he didn’t accept it then, but he has accepted it now!!!!
This week has been short but great exhausting and exciting. I know that my Redeemer lives what comfort this sweet sentence gives. There is a book called the Book of Mormon. Many people knew and know the importance of it. It was so important that they died for it, men like Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith. Men like the prophets in it. I know how important it is. It is the book that can get us closest to God. I know that God lives, and if we humbly allow him to change us, He will. He also gives us miracles because he loves us, In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment