Search

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 28.5 A Really Good Week 1/16/2017


This week has been pretty fun :) first off Elder Love and I started compiling music for music finding! so I wrote the chords for love one another and while Elder Love was practicing he made a song about... Elder Kim! after his mission haha :) but yes i will start at the beginning of the week haha :) I am glad I have Elder Love as a companion because we both really like music and it is super fun!

Monday we rearranged the apartment

Tuesday we had district meeting and we all bore our testimonies and it was very very powerful. Elder Mcgrath is also training Elder Nielson from Nephi Utah! I also think they are downsizing the mission because with Elder Mcgrath I think I heard something like 37 people are leaving. and a lot right before that (august) so that will be fun to deal with haha :)

Wednesday we taught many people for hk standards haha :) and funny moment of the week Elder Love while trying to walk into the elevator ran into it because he was talking to one of the people we were teaching it was just a laugh moment of the day.

Friday was pretty fun because we had sports night and that is always fun also Heidi in the Po Lam ward asked if I was a bou jap (tutor) I was like nope I am an elder and she was like "no like tutor people before because Jerry said you did" and I was like "oh yea there was Jerry its been a while" yep its interesting having people know you

Saturday I went on exchanges with Elder Kim and we were going finding and this old grandma was stuck in the middle of the street because she was carrying cardboard and the cart tipped over so we went over and helped here even though she didn't want it :) anyway we helped her and this other guy who was going to school in Australia too helped her and it was super cool cause that guy was like "yea if i see missionaries in Australia I will talk to them" it was super cool he was training to be a pilot I think. I cant believe Elder Kim is going home in February :( he is a super cool guy and actually him and I are very similar (both had Asian parents) I am just a little bit more american culture than him but yea it was great! he will be going to byu if I didn't hear him wrong haha :) We also taught a lesson that was super powerful but the person didn't want to accept it and though he was smarter then God. having power to confound people like it says in the book of Mormon does not mean that they will be converted :( it was super sad

Sunday was really great because we had 2 people we are teaching come to church and we had 3 less actives come to church, they are all super nice. We also went finding later that day and we talked to this guy named Mason (yes he is Chinese) and he was super cool and we would have gotten his number if his girlfriend didn't show up and went running with him :/ oh well he will find us one day

But all in all a really good week I actually feel like I am doing something important and not just for me but something important to God! ging chi dou dai (persevere to the end :) ) missions are the best if you let it be! if you are humble enough to learn from it!

Insights
You should never do things for the glory of men but getting caught doing good is not a bad thing
          -Elder Peterson

Sometimes we have trials so we can know how much faith we have

who you are right now is ok for this instant but you just need to be better for the next

I cannot do anything for what matters most to me "I of myself am nothing." Honestly I don't know how to help these people and that is why I especially need God.


No comments:

Post a Comment