Search

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week 50.5 Blessed by the Faith of My Parents 6/20/2017

it is good! 太和 or Tai Wo is fun! there is more people than HSK which I like.
Elder Quentin Cook said that because we face so much hardship in Hong Kong, he gave us a blessing that the things we do now will bless us and our families for a lot longer than 2 years. I know I am getting blessed.
I have been studying Alma 13-17 [in the Book of Mormon] and I think it has a lot of application to my mission specifically (and probably to others as well) because the Lord promises us as missionaries success, but it comes at the cost of a lot of suffering and hardship as described in the scriptures so it was interesting how …God has blessed us.

Elder Beeson also really likes to work hard so it is good to have a companion that is not just comfortable with where we are right now but want to improve :) he is from Arizona 
and yes we have taught a lesson since last email so that is good.

Pres. Jeung wui jeung is the stake president and it was funny because he was talking and he was like "I know Elder chou's parents, and they are a righteous example of what a family unit should be like" or something along those lines, so I guess I got a good introduction to the ward :) 

I am very glad that [my parents] are faithful in the gospel, and have influenced so many people's lives in Hong Kong making it easier for me, a lot easier for me to work with members :)

Elders Chou and Beeson with President Jeung's family


I think back to my patriarchal blessing where is says something like "you will be able to work with leaders in your mission, elders your mission president calls as leaders in your mission and ..." I can’t remember the rest, but I was always confused until I realized that leaders in your mission could be local leaders, and I do have to say a lot of that is because [my parents] did what [they] were supposed to when [they] were in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment