Search

Saturday, June 3, 2017

week 47.5 Visit by Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve 5/30/2017


We had Elder Cook [from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles] come for Monday!! (as stated in my previous email) and it was great! We had a very spiritual meeting and I learned a lot about missionary work.

We had 2 big miracles this week. 
1. First we had 7 people show up to English class, and second we taught a lesson. This is a very big miracle for me personally because usually the class we teach in English class only have 2 people that show up 
2. and we taught a lesson was also a great miracle because we have not taught a lesson for at least 2 weeks. 
I know that amidst all of the things that I think go wrong, God still loves me, and some of those things that "go wrong" is actually God preparing something to go right

I think the lesson I have learned the most is when you have done your best, it is far from perfect. you may have reached your mental, physical, and emotional capacity, but it will not be perfect, because there is a capacity.  

[what] I learned from Elder Cook was that I am doing my best for the Lord. Hopefully this capacity is not my capacity forever and hopefully my capacity will increase, but I felt like I was doing my best, even if it may have felt unfruitful,I know that God saw it and was happy with it. I also realized that what I do will never really bring fruit. I think back to what Elder Bednar said back in the mission broadcast and he said "success is given" I think That that is definitely true and that if I am doing all i can, there may not be things I can see now, but things will happen, and God was happy that I am trying. I just need to have faith that these things that I am doing, are God's will. 

May we all have the courage to be faithful to God. may we live life to its fullest by living his commandments, and may we receive, with gladness, all the things that god wants us to do. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Sorry I don't have my camera, my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment